Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Shoppin' n Philly

I love...love shopping. Philly has an eclectic abundance of shops, malls and such to visit. We have the King of Prussia Mall, which is one of the largest malls in America. The stores, shops, boutique of the infamous South Street, where you can find some unique, one of a kind, clothes, shoes, accessories, fabric...and more! Personally, I absolutely adore accessories and truely believe they are essential to life 8). South Street has approximately five accessory stores, dedicated simply to accessories. Earrings, braclets, necklaces, hair jewerly, rings etc, colorfully embellish the walls and tables. Philly is also a place of great, thrift stores and flea markets. Often, when people ask me what is my favorite shop/boutique, I respond, that I don't have a favorite. I am more attracted to the classic, antique jewlery of older women being sold (for a few dollars!)at church flea markets, in North, West and South Philly. I am a thrift store/flea market fanatic. I frequent the Salvation Army, non-profit ran thrift shops. I also enjoy vintage shops. Retrospect, located on South Street, is my favorite. Although a bit more expensive than the average thirft store and flea market prices, Retrospect houses some of the most "throwback" clothing, accessories and shoes. The other day, I visited and tried on a pair of expensive knee-high white fur boots. They were sooo gorgeous and are something I've been searching for, for a long time. I was prepared to swallow the $70 cost of them, but sadly, the fit was very awkardly narrow..nonetheless...I am still considering them 8 )...you can NEVER have enough shoes, or accessories!

Heres so links for visit:
http://www.southstreet.com/

No comments: