Monday, December 10, 2007

This weekend: A discovery

This weekend my friends at I went to one our favorite spots: Copabanana on 40th and Spruce, on the campus of University of Penn. Me and my girlfriends (who I’ve known since high school: Girls High 246ers!) love this place so much because of the good margaritas. They have so many flavors you can combine to create your favorite margarita. They BEST part is, they give you the metal container they make the drink out of, so that you actually get 3-4 margaritas out of it!!!! Even better, they have this appetizer called the, Copa Combo, which me and my friend Zenobia in particular are dedicated fanatics of. The Copa Combo consists of a few juicy and crispy chicken tenders, buffalo wings, and best of all, three lovely potato skins adorned with bacon and accompanied by sour cream. The potato skins are so good, that we refuse to go to the Copabanana on South Street, because that restaurant discontinued the potato skins! Crazy right! So anyways, this past weekend my friends and I went to Copa’s had our Copa Combo’s and this time instead of getting a margarita, I decided to get a Mojitio, hence my newest discovery. Many people have tried a Mojito before, my friend Geremi, absolutely loves Mojitos. I decided to give it a try, and have found a favorite new drink. I’m not sure exactly what goes in the drink, except for the mint leaves and sugar cane that give it this great minty limeade type of taste to me. It’s not overwhelming sweet or a super strong drink; however, it does have a beautiful effect.

No comments: